Software Engineer – Products
Join a team of highly talented individuals committed to offering the best quality services and products in the area of business cloud computing (SaaS). In this position you will design and bring to market turnkey business apps for users of cloud systems such as NetSuite, Salesforce.com, Google, Amazon, Magento, and many more. You will become one of the first adopters of www.integrator.io that is a cutting edge platform we use to build our products.
The right person for this job enjoys building SaaS products, has a good technical aptitude on business applications, has a strong product development focus, exhibits the right communication skills, and is able to consult with internal and external stakeholders on how to build best products.
Gain Exposure To
- Many different business application areas, such as ERP, CRM, Ecommerce, Warehouse/Distribution, etc.
- Many prominent software vendors, such as NetSuite, Magento, Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc.
- Many different ways software systems can be connected, such as web services, file transfers, EDI, HTTP, etc.
- Learning about many new and emerging development platforms, such as SuiteBuilder, integrator.io, etc.
What You Would Do
- Assign, track and review engineering tasks including bug fixes, feature and performance enhancements among team members
- Review team members’ code contribution and ensure compliance of company and industry quality standards
- Manage team goals and priorities using various bug/feature tracking system and product management tools
- Confer with platform teams and other development teams as well as product management teams to establish feature roadmap and release schedules
- Design and implement core platform and integration features, enhancements and bug fixes
- Monitor systems operations through log management systems and react to error events
- Research external API’s and evaluate integration capabilities and/or limitations
- Consult with customers to identify issues or areas of improvements and then devise plans of implementation
- Train and advise internal teams including sales and services on using new features
If you apply you should have familiarity with one or more of the technologies listed below.
- Database Management System: MySQL and/or Oracle
- Server: Apache Tomcat
- Development Environment: E#clipse iDE
- Source Control: Subversion
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Exceptional problem solver – able to design sound (and simple whenever possible) solutions to complex problems, including the ability to work from scratch
- Fast learner – ability to step in and develop working knowledge of a technology in a less than average amount of time
- Selfstarter – motivation, work ethic and ambition to distinguish one’s self are key
- Genuine Interest in Technology – desire to be on the cutting edge of cloudbased technologies.
- Enjoy the startup atmosphere and are flexible with shifting priorities.
- Think big and bring new ideas to the table—regardless of rank or title.
- Bring ambition, a proactive mindset and the ability to inspire others.
- Strive for results—always. Must be willing to do what it takes to make each project or task a success.
- Learn quickly. Must know when to listen, and when to take charge.
- At Nova Module, we know that our company is only as good as our employees. You will get a chance to work closely with an incredibly dedicated group of people who are serious about putting great products and services into the marketplace. We continually search for candidates who share our beliefs and values.
Common Traits We Admire
- Enjoy the start-up atmosphere, and flexible with shifting priorities.
- Think big, and bring new ideas to the table, regardless of your rank or title.
- Overriding ambition and proactive nature, combined with the ability to inspire others.
- Be results driven—always. Must be willing to do what it takes to make each project or task a success.
- Quick learner. Must know when to listen, and when to take charge.
- Obsessive about quality and customer satisfaction.
Nova Module is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
- Location 1: Oakland, CA, USA
- Travel: Locally in the Bay Area. Out-of-town / out-of state travel is 5% or less.
- Location 2: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Travel: No travel requirement
- Location 3 (Remote): The Philippines
- Travel: No travel requirement
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements above, then we want to meet you! Interested applicants should send a cover letter and specify what exact position you are applying for in the subject line to: